Monday, April 28, 2008

Babasonicos - Mucho, 2008



Every once in a while I hear some good Rock En Espanol. I'm not exposed to it as much as I'd like to be so when I hear something good, I get hooked on it for a while. I thought I'd post this album even though the quality of this makes it sound like it was recorded in the 80s with Soda Stereo or something. But maybe it kinda adds to the overall feel of it. Take it or leave it, I think the album is worth listening to regardless of the quality. Maybe it'll make you go buy it if you like it. Better yet, for those of you who are down in San Diego, Babasonicos is playing on May 28 and in Tijuana in the same week. Babasonicos is from Buenos Aires and are pretty straight forward. They play the same instruments as everyone else, have catchy hooks, vocally sound pretty similar to other bands...you get the idea. But the thing is, it sounds totally fresh to me. They give me that same feeling that The Stills gave me in 2003 even though there were bands in the few years prior that had similar formulas. Babasonicos have been around since the early 1990s, but this is the first album I've heard. Damn am I late on this one. The album's got me enough to where I think I'm going to listen to the earlier albums and enough to wish they were playing up here in SF, cause I'd definitely go. If any wants to recommend some similar sounds, please do.

No comments: