Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Foals - Antidotes


I already know "Red Socks Pugie," a song off the Foals album, Antidotes, is going to be in my top 10 songs of 2008. This album is an evolved sound that kinda started in the early 2000s with groups like Les Savy Fav, Liars, Hot Hot Heat, and Red Light Sting. Antidotes, however, sounds more skilled and precise. Antidotes makes me want...no no, need to move. The past week I've been riding my buses around SF and probably looking like a retard cause I can't sit still. My legs can't not move. I know this album has been circulating through the blogs, but for you guys that missed it, check this out, and if you like, go buy it please. I would say that if your up here in SF go see them on May 22. But I won't. Because I know it won't be any fun since they're playing at Popscene. Shows at Popscene are like "Hey let's see how many indie kids we can fit into a space the size of my apartment, then have Foals play and see how stupid they all look cause they can't move, but need to move because the music is so good."...or something like that. I realize Foals has a mean reputation for house shows and even freakin' bedroom shows, but I'd rather they feel my energy when it's not being suffocated by all the skinny legs-in-skinny jeans at a Popscene show. So, DL the album, and like I said, go buy it if you like it. They're playing down in SD too.

Foals, Antidoes
(US) Sub Pop, 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Foals in 3 weeks here in SF!

"Antidotes" is my #1 album of 2008 so far.

And I've never really had a problem or issue with Popscene, except I've waited in some long queue's in my day.

I've actually seen here some fantastic UK acts early on like Bloc Party, Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Klaxons, Amy Winehouse and Kasabian all for like under $10 bucks

Also, really like new UK acts These New Puritans, Late Of The Pier, White Lies, Maps, Blood Red Shoes and The Courtneerers.

Later Andres,
Paul