Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Os Gemeos at Deitch


If your in NY before August 9th check out the new Os Gemeos show at Deitch Gallery called Too Far Too Close. Os Gemeos are some bro's from Brazil that are pretty unstoppable right now. From all the low-brow/street and urban art in the last few years, Os Gemeos have been my favorite. I love the scale they work in, their color palette and their character style. They seems to keep it feeling Latin American without any cultural cliches, which I love. Deitch Gallery is an awesome spot for them because it's sooooo open and high. When I was in NY I had to stop in for the Jim Isermann show. The gallery layout is one of the best I've been in, especially for larger installations. 

Check out The World's Best Ever for more photos.







Here's an Os Gemeos you can go stare at in case you can't leave SF like me :(  (It's on Market St)

OS GEMEOS

No comments: